Wednesday, October 08, 2008

That melon has teeth!

Recently I attended a fundraiser for presidential candidate Barack Obama in Silicon Valley.

Hillary Rodham Clinton appeared at the event, at the home of California Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren, and gave a short speech.

While waiting for the senator, I was distracted by good Mexican food, a mariachi band, intermittent rain showers, and this pleasant fellow.

I had to ask a server: Donkey's toothsome grin was made with kernels of hominy. I'm already planning next my next jack o'lantern.

I'm not usually star-struck, but it was a little thrill to be able to shake hands and say, "How nice to meet you, Senator." Perhaps I would have felt the same about any senator, but especially so for the most well-known of the 16 women in the Senate. That's 16, out of 100. An all-time high.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the coolest food art I have seen in a long time!

Chalicechick said...

Yeah, that's pretty awesome.

CC